Subject: 25.1.50; shr doesn't render (some?) inline svg images

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 13:53:56 +0100

For instance the following is displayed as a black box, while Emacs is
able to display it just fine if you put it in a separate file and visit
that file.

<span>
<svg version="1.1" id="Layer_1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px" width="28px" height="28px" viewbox="0 0 28 28" enable="enable">
<path transform="scale(0.014,-0.014) translate(0,-1670)" d="M1792 826v-794q0 -66 -47 -113t-113 -47h-1472q-66 0 -113 47t-47 113v794q44 -49 101 -87q362 -246 497 -345q57 -42 92.5 -65.5t94.5 -48t110 -24.5h1h1q51 0 110 24.5t94.5 48t92.5 65.5q170 123 498 345q57 39 100 87zM1792 1120q0 -79 -49 -151t-122 -123 q-376 -261 -468 -325q-10 -7 -42.5 -30.5t-54 -38t-52 -32.5t-57.5 -27t-50 -9h-1h-1q-23 0 -50 9t-57.5 27t-52 32.5t-54 38t-42.5 30.5q-91 64 -262 182.5t-205 142.5q-62 42 -117 115.5t-55 136.5q0 78 41.5 130t118.5 52h1472q65 0 112.5 -47t47.5 -113z">
</path></svg>
</span>
<span>Email</span>

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2016-03-26 built on stories
Repository revision: 6f3243db55e61847784178ea812f28ddf003544a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Mark set
(New file)
Mark set
Saving file /var/tmp/svg.html...
Wrote /var/tmp/svg.html
Mark set [2 times]
Undo!
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/larsi/src/clock.el/clock hides /home/larsi/lisp/clock
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/expect hides /home/larsi/lisp/expect
/home/larsi/src/pvr.el/pvr hides /home/larsi/lisp/pvr
~/pgnus/contrib/vcard hides /home/larsi/lisp/vcard
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/captitle hides /home/larsi/lisp/captitle
~/lisp/zenirc-2.112/src/zenirc-example hides /home/larsi/lisp/zenirc-example
/home/larsi/lisp/dom hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/dom
~/pgnus/contrib/compface hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/image/compface

Features:
(shadow emacsbug url-file url-dired rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok pp mailalias smtpmail
sendmail ecomplete misearch multi-isearch vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc log-edit pcvs-util vc-git diff-mode sgml-mode shell
pcomplete thingatpt grep compile comint ring vc vc-dispatcher copyright
vc-cvs shr-color color eww mm-archive gnus-html url-queue help-fns
url-cache gnus-picon sort smiley ansi-color gnus-cite qp gnus-async
gnus-dup gnus-ml gmane spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table server gnus-fun
gnus-mdrtn gnus-topic pop3 nndoc nnmbox nndraft utf-7 nnmh nnml nnfolder
network-stream nsm starttls nnir spam-report spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils movie
mkv shr svg imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived debbugs
soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw puny url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml ido seq
flyspell ispell benchmark w3m browse-url doc-view subr-x dired
dired-loaddefs image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util add-log mail-extr
mm-util mail-prsvr jka-compr cl finder-inf package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib password-cache url-vars
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 739739 152410)
 (symbols 48 172923 0)
 (miscs 40 602 1299)
 (strings 32 229186 33012)
 (string-bytes 1 11188423)
 (vectors 16 47152)
 (vector-slots 8 1787883 169829)
 (floats 8 7021 1578)
 (intervals 56 7770 6328)
 (buffers 976 60)
 (heap 1024 177951 57382))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no