Subject: bug#23108: 25.0.92; emacs-lisp-mode: wrong indentation in `let' binding list

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:39:46 +0100

Hello,

in emacs -Q, this expression:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(let (from to
           (temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer "temp")))
  body
  body)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

is indented exactly as I pasted it here, e.g. in scratch or any
emacs-lisp-mode buffer.  IMHO the `temp-buffer' binding should be
indented to the same column as `from'.

When I wrap `from' in parens (which doesn't change the semantic of the
expression), the indentation suddenly works as I expect.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.5 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-03-23 built on drachen
Repository revision: c0165ea4d6ecf81db6728782c7322c311ee0a783
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11802000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp