Subject: Re: bug#23103: A number of corrupt packages on Hydra?

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 14:16:11 -0400

On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 08:55:59PM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
> 
> 
> On 03/04/16 18:20, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> >  http://mirror.guixsd.org/nar/6kvy3ryb04nl49wwdy0dmhhfnfbwrmna-tcl-8.6.4 1017KiB/s 00:02 | 1.7MiB transferred
> >bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
> >         perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
> >bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> >         Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
> I think this only is a problem on the mirror, substituting from hydra itself
> works for me. You?

Most of these recent corrupt archives problems are due to corruptions in
the mirror's cache — the mirror will only try (and possibly fail) to
pull an archive from hydra.gnu.org if hydra has built it successfully.

So, passing --substitute-urls=https://hydra.gnu.org or --fallback are
both reasonable ways to work around the failure.

Please keep reporting these!