Subject: Re: bug#23102: Wrong usage of underscore in .tex files

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:39:50 +0100

Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Attached is how Emacs displays the usage of underscore out of
> mathematics and friends, for example:
>
> \href{http://www.foo.it/bla_bla.html}{BLA_BLA}
>
> here the underscore is not used to display a subscript as in $A_n$ so
> the result, in my opinion, is wrong. At first sight, it is also almost
> unreadable...

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I've now fixed this in Emacs 29, but it's a kind of gross hack.
tex-mode doesn't seem to have that much infrastructure for handling
stuff like this, but I may be missing something.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no