Subject: Re: bug#23093: 25.0.92; Change for the worse: minibuffer completion window splits below rather that right

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:17:43 -0300

At 19:53 +0100 on Wednesday 2016-03-23, martin rudalics wrote:
>
> Please have a look at the attached patch.

Hello Martin,

I like your doc patch; it makes the behaviour clear.

In particular the snippet of code it provides, viz.

    (customize-set-variable
     'display-buffer-alist
     '(("\\*Completions\\*" display-buffer-pop-up-window)))

works like a charm to get back the Emacs 24 behaviour that I seem to
prefer at the moment. Thank you very much!

Sorry to be suggesting more work, but I think a brief entry about the
new *Completions* buffer display behaviour should go in NEWS, referring
the reader to your new node in the manual for details and for
information on how to restore the former behaviour.

Regards,
N.