Subject: bug#23092: 25.0.92; Minibuffer completion fails to resize completion window if reused during same command

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 17:34:50 -0300

At 19:53 +0100 on Wednesday 2016-03-23, martin rudalics wrote:
>
> I'm not sure whether we should by default change something in this case.
> Juri has designed the present concept and I would rather leave it to him
> how to proceed.

By all means. I just felt it was my "duty" to point out what might (or
might not) be an oversight in the design.

> Does enabling ‘temp-buffer-resize-mode’ handle that case sufficiently
> well?

Yes after a day of use, I can say that `temp-buffer-resize-mode'
provides much better behaviour (IMO), and properly supports the type of
use cases I mentioned.

However the point is moot (for this user at least), because with your
code from bug#23093, viz.

    (customize-set-variable
     'display-buffer-alist
     '(("\\*Completions\\*" display-buffer-pop-up-window)))

I get my completions buffer on the right half of my frame, and it would
not make sense for that to change size (I wouldn't like it, anyway), so
I won't need to use `temp-buffer-resize-mode'.

Thanks.

Regards,
N.