Subject: bug#23085: 24.5; `customized-changed-options`

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 07:10:03 +0100

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree, but mostly just wanted to say that if customize-changed-options
> is renamed, then its occurrences in code, docstrings, and the manual
> should be updated, and the rename should probably be called out in NEWS.

Definitely; I plumb forgot.  (But Eli seems to think the change should
be reverted (and I have no strong opinion one way or another, so we'll
go with whatever he wants here, and I'm not doing so right now until
that's clarified.)

But this bit in the manual should be fixed in any case:

-----
@item M-x customize-changed @key{RET} @var{version} @key{RET}
Set up a customization buffer with all the settings and groups
whose meaning has changed since Emacs version @var{version}.

@item M-x customize-changed-options @key{RET} @var{version} @key{RET}
Set up a customization buffer with all the options whose meaning or
default values have changed since Emacs version @var{version}.
-----

Which is wrong in any case, since they are aliases of each other.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no