Subject: Re: bug#23083: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 23:00:39 +0100

Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Waleed,

> For details and clarification, I will give two scenarios; S1 is
> working fine, and S2 is the one with the problem:

Thanks a lot for the great recipe which made it rather easy to spot the
bug.  AUCTeX always called pdf-tool's sync function with the master
file, not the current file.  That should be fixed now and I took the
chance to release a new GNU AUCTeX version (11.89.2) via ELPA.  It
should be listed in `M-x list-packages' within the next 24 hours.

> The weird thing is that, this strange behavior just appeared after
> Archlinux and emacs update last month (I do not know which is
> responsible for that)

I checked the code and its revisions, and that wrong behavior has been
there for quite a long time.  I think, I've introduced that bug on
February 2015.  So in case you've used an older version and recently
upgraded to a newer AUCTeX version, that might have been the problem (or
actually a good thing since you've spotted the bug).

BTW, in case you don't already know, if you use PDF Tools as viewer,
it's usually a good idea to also add

  (add-hook 'TeX-after-compilation-finished-functions
             #'TeX-revert-document-buffer)

to your ~/.emacs.  That will revert the pdf-view buffer as soon as the
LaTeX compilation finishes so you don't have to do that manually.

Bye,
Tassilo