Subject: bug#23083: closed (Re: bug#23083: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 22:01:01 +0000

Your bug report

#23083: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23083: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23083
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23083: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 23:00:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Waleed,

> For details and clarification, I will give two scenarios; S1 is
> working fine, and S2 is the one with the problem:

Thanks a lot for the great recipe which made it rather easy to spot the
bug.  AUCTeX always called pdf-tool's sync function with the master
file, not the current file.  That should be fixed now and I took the
chance to release a new GNU AUCTeX version (11.89.2) via ELPA.  It
should be listed in `M-x list-packages' within the next 24 hours.

> The weird thing is that, this strange behavior just appeared after
> Archlinux and emacs update last month (I do not know which is
> responsible for that)

I checked the code and its revisions, and that wrong behavior has been
there for quite a long time.  I think, I've introduced that bug on
February 2015.  So in case you've used an older version and recently
upgraded to a newer AUCTeX version, that might have been the problem (or
actually a good thing since you've spotted the bug).

BTW, in case you don't already know, if you use PDF Tools as viewer,
it's usually a good idea to also add

  (add-hook 'TeX-after-compilation-finished-functions
             #'TeX-revert-document-buffer)

to your ~/.emacs.  That will revert the pdf-view buffer as soon as the
LaTeX compilation finishes so you don't have to do that manually.

Bye,
Tassilo

Subject: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document
From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:49:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use pdf tools as a viewing program. Just after I updated Linux and
Emacs last month a problem appeared. When I compile a document
consisting of, e.g., Ch01 and Ch02, while opening Ch01, the pdf visits a
page that is different from the one I am currently on LaTeX file. This
problem does not appear if the document consists of just one main tex
file.