Subject: bug#23083: Reverting pdf in Multifile tex document

From: Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 17:32:06 +0000

Thanks so much for your reply,

For details and clarification, I will give two scenarios; S1 is working
fine, and S2 is the one with the problem:

================================
S1:
==
the main tex file has, e.g., this:

\begin{document}

P1

\clearpage

P2

\clearpage

P3

\end{document}

-The emacs screen is split to two windows, one with the tex file and the
 other with the pdf viewed in pdf-tools, and the pdf is displaying
 P1. Now, if I modify the word P3 in the tex file and hit C-c C-a, LaTeX
 compiles very well and the pdf file goes automatically from P1 to P3
 (perfect.)

================================

S2:
==

the main tex file has:

\begin{document}

\include{tmp.tex}

\clearpage

any other text

\end{document}

- Now, suppose that tmp.tex has the same as what was in the main file of
  scenario 1; i.e.,:

P1

\clearpage

P2

\clearpage

P3

When I compile the pdf does not visit the appropriate page as happens in
scenario 1.

================================

The weird thing is that, this strange behavior just appeared after
Archlinux and emacs update last month (I do not know which is
responsible for that)

Thanks so much and looking forward for your reply.

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Waleed Yousef <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Waleed,
>
>> I use pdf tools as a viewing program. Just after I updated Linux and
>> Emacs last month a problem appeared. When I compile a document
>> consisting of, e.g., Ch01 and Ch02, while opening Ch01, the pdf visits
>> a page that is different from the one I am currently on LaTeX
>> file.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.  What does it mean that you compile a
> multi-file document _while opening one of the document's files_?  And
> why should compiling visit anything?  And your subject says something
> about reverting the pdf buffer while you didn't mention anything about
> reverting in your text.
>
> So please provide a clear and complete recipe including all steps in the
> right order that I can try to reproduce the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Tassilo