Subject: bug#23082: Error in creating libtool

From: Bernd Traub <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:00:57 +0100

Hi all.

I read your email-adress within the code of hplip-3.16.3, trying to
install that.
My system fails to have it installed, again and again.

OS is LMDE 2 Betty, recognised by hplip as Linux Mint 2.
Wheras Linux Mint is based upon Ubuntu, LMDE is a Debian derivate,
thatfor, I think, building doensn't find the correct path to this:

MISSING DEPENDENCIES
--------------------
Following dependencies are not installed. HPLIP will not work if all
REQUIRED dependencies are not installed and some of the HPLIP features
will not work if OPTIONAL dependencies are not installed.
Package-Name         Component            Required/Optional   
libtool              base                 REQUIRED

although libtool is installed.

Hope you find a solution.

Regards, Bernd Traub.