Subject: Re: bug#23069: 25.1.50; in Gnus temporary browse files are always deleted

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:42:32 +0900

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:03:05 +0100, Ivan Kanis wrote:
> Sorry no emacs -Q. I assume Gnus is set up with a HTML mail
> available.

> 1) (setq gnus-article-browse-delete-temp nil)
> 2) go to a mail article
> 3) M-x gnus-article-browse-html-article

> You should see Firefox displaying the article.

> 4) q q q (quit gnus)
> 5) refresh the page in Firefox

> Firefox will issue an error as files have been erased. I expect the
> files to not be deleted as is documented when setting the variable
> gnus-article-browse-delete-temp to nil.

As documented, `gnus-article-browse-delete-temp' controls how
deleting temp files is done when exiting the summary buffer.  So,
I don't think it's a bug.  Deleting files regardless of the value
of `gnus-article-browse-delete-temp' when exiting the group buffer
was gotten to do ten years ago:

2006-03-02  Reiner Steib  <Reiner.Steib <at> gmx.de>
[...]
	(gnus-article-browse-html-parts): Add
	`gnus-article-browse-delete-temp-files' to
	`gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook' and `gnus-exit-gnus-hook'.