Subject: Re: bug#23056: Guix 0.9.0 Build Failure

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 22:33:16 +0100

Michael Downey <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I am submitting a bug report for a repeated and reproducible (at least on my machine) build failure for guix-0.9.71e2065 on x86_64. The failure occurs when test/store.scm fails during the tests. 

[...]

> removing stale temporary roots file `/tmp/nix-build-guix-0.9.0.71e2065.drv-0/source/test-tmp/var/10327/temproots/.fuse_hidden000138cb00002bbe'

I think there are two things fishy here:

  1. What version of guix-daemon is running on your machine?

     The fact that the build directory is called “/tmp/nix-build-…”
     suggests it dates back to before commit 7a57c96a (Dec. 2015.)

  2. What file system is /tmp on?  Presumably a FUSE thing?  This seems
     to be leaking details through the build environment, which may
     explain the GC-related test failures.

> tests/store.scm:156: FAIL dead path can be explicitly collected

This test is just:

    (let-values (((paths freed) (delete-paths %store (list p))))
      (and (equal? paths (list p))
           (> freed 0)
           (not (file-exists? p))))

I expect that maybe (file-exists? p) returns #t for some weird
file-system reason.

> ;;; (verify1 #t)
>
> ;;; (verify2 #f)
>
> ;;; (verify3 #t)
> tests/store.scm:761: FAIL verify-store + check-contents

Thanks,
Ludo’.