Subject: bug#23054: closed (Re: bug#23054: 25.1.50; Unqualified recipients are considered bogus by message.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 03:06:01 +0000

Your bug report

#23054: 25.1.50; Unqualified recipients are considered bogus by message.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23054: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23054
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23054: 25.1.50; Unqualified recipients are considered bogus by message.el
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 22:04:53 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

I suppose anyone who wants this check can customize the option
message-bogus-addresses. Applied in f37f93f.

Subject: 25.1.50; Unqualified recipients are considered bogus by message.el
From: [email-masked] (Peder O. Klingenberg)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:17:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In emacs master as of today, unqualified email addresses are considered
bogus by message-bogus-recipient-p, despite my smarthost being perfectly
happy sending mail to local addresses.  This started with commit 762986c
"Remove message-valid-fqdn-regexp, since it changes too much now" by
Lars Ingebrigtsen at Feb 7.

Restoring local addresses to non-bogus status seems simple enough:

--- a/lisp/gnus/message.el
+++ b/lisp/gnus/message.el
@@ -4345,7 +4345,6 @@ message-bogus-recipient-p
     (mapc (lambda (address)
 	    (setq address (or (cadr address) ""))
 	    (when (or (string= "" address)
-		      (not (string-match "@" address))
 		      (string-match "@.*@" address)
 		      (and message-bogus-addresses
 			   (let ((re

Test case, starting from emacs -Q:

After evaluating (require 'message), the following two forms should both
return nil:

(message-bogus-recipient-p "[email-masked]")
(message-bogus-recipient-p "peder")

With current master, only the first returns nil.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2016-03-18 built on luna
Repository revision: ace779da01b7ad3130640e945a883f35c0d27330
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs-git
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-pop=yes'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_NO.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Contacting host: lars.ingebrigtsen.no:80
Checking new news...done
nnimap read 0k from tarrant.klingenberg.no
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Saving file /home/pok/src/emacs/local/lisp/gnus/message.el...
Wrote /home/pok/src/emacs/local/lisp/gnus/message.el
Wrote /home/pok/src/emacs/local/lisp/gnus/message.elc
Loading /home/pok/src/emacs/local/lisp/gnus/message.elc...done
Finding changes in /home/pok/src/emacs/local/lisp/gnus/message.el...done
nil [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides /usr/local/emacs-git/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vc-cvs php-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
flymake cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs debug log-view misearch multi-isearch
vc-annotate map magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-utils
git-commit help-fns log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell dash rect mailalias slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime etags
xref project arc-mode archive-mode pp hyperspec thingatpt bbdb-message
footnote flow-fill shr-color color shr svg dom browse-url vc
vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth pop3 nnrss xml mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
nndraft nnmh nnml utf-7 bbdb-gnus epa-file network-stream puny nsm
starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache pok-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo bbdb-mua bbdb-com
crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader subr-x gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils wid-edit linum
paren paredit pok-init org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gedcom
slime-autoloads reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars edmacro kmacro ido
seq server filladapt dmacro mm-util mail-prsvr cl compile comint
ansi-color ring finder-inf tex-site info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib password-cache url-vars emacs-goodies-el
emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 635042 91703)
 (symbols 48 53663 44)
 (miscs 40 1734 3507)
 (strings 32 144162 24602)
 (string-bytes 1 7911285)
 (vectors 16 79006)
 (vector-slots 8 1909100 73328)
 (floats 8 837 845)
 (intervals 56 7825 9130)
 (buffers 976 69)
 (heap 1024 87016 21105))