Subject: bug#23039: 25.0.92; New Emacs icon blurry in GNOME on Fedora

From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:11:36 +0100

"N. Jackson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The new Emacs icon is displayed with a fuzzy out-of-focus appearance.
>
> The effect is especially noticeable when "Alt-Tab switching" between
> applications, where I find myself squinting to try (unsuccessfully) to
> bring the Emacs icons into focus. The attached screenshot shows the
> problem, although the image doesn't do justice to the severity of the
> problem in real life.
>
> Strangely, the effect is not so noticeable (not noticeable at all
> really) when looking at the individual .png files of the icons. But
> when they are displayed beside the icons from other applications, it's
> almost as if the focus distance to the Emacs icons is different from
> that of the other icons. [Some of the other icons (e.g. Icecat) are
> fuzzy from being pixellated, but at least the pixellation is in focus
> so I don't find myself wanting to run off to see the oculist!]
>
> (This is with GNOME Version 3.18.2 on Fedora 23 with the default
> Adwaita theme.)

Hi,

It looks like a low-resolution png is used instead of the svg or large
png file.

I will investigate the issue.

Nico