Subject: bug#23038: 25.0.92; M-% from isearch broken (error in isearch--describe-regexp-mode)

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:07:16 +0100

Hi,

at the beginning of scratch in emacs -Q, for example

C-s C-w M-%
  ==>

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  replace-regexp-in-string("\\(.*\\) \\'" " \\1" nil)
  isearch--describe-regexp-mode(nil t)
  isearch-query-replace(nil)
  funcall-interactively(isearch-query-replace nil)
  call-interactively(isearch-query-replace nil nil)
  command-execute(isearch-query-replace)

Maybe related to the fix of bug#22991?

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.6 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.8)
 of 2016-03-17 built on drachen
Repository revision: 9ab03f27fad7b1ae68dda7a2effd075658dcf184
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11801000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix