Subject: Re: bug#23030: Guix commands broken

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:44:01 +0100

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 09:46:11AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Indeed.  Commit df061d079b50111280aa7209b3b3c4cf21fde218 changes the
> default substitute URLs to https.
> For this to work, you need to make sure that guix-daemon is running
> ‘guix substitute’ with the fix for #22937.
> On GuixSD, it’s a matter of reconfiguring (I updated the ‘guix-devel’
> snapshot on master yesterday.)

I see! I am always assuming that when I reconfigure, the current copy of guix
(the one from guix pull, or the one from git) is used in the resulting system
to run guix and the daemon afterwards, while in reality it is the latest guix
snapshot before that. So reconfiguring does not work unless the snapshot is
also updated.

Now to make things work in this particular case, one also needs to give
"--substitute-urls=http://..." to the "guix system reconfigure" command
to turn off https.

Adding only "--no-substitutes" is not enough; I presume this is due to the
"feature" of grafts only partially honouring this parameter, as already
discussed.

Andreas