Subject: Re: bug#23001: emacs in X has icons missing and throws warnings in tty

From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:51:23 -0500

Updating this for what I see in guix (GNU Guix) 0.13.0.4589-74bea6

On 03/12/2016 at 19:43 myglc2 writes:

> When running GuixSD on a headless server  ...
>
> ssh
> emacs
>
> ... produces emacs running in X but ...
>
> - all of the menu icons are missing except one ('file drawers')

Icons are all OK now. Yeah!

> - lots of messages are shooting in the tty session (sample below).
[...]

Now only two messages are being generated ...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
g1@g1 ~$ emacs
process 27189: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly
set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id":
No such file or directory See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to
correct this issue.

** (emacs-25-3:27189): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Attempting to follow the instructions in the first message, I installed
dbus, but I don't see any dbus-uuidgen man page, or any other dbus man
pages.

The second message is referenced in bug#28088 ...

Subject: bug#28088: "The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any
.service files" with multiple applications

The messages seem harmless. Perhaps the bug should be downgraded?

Current config: