Subject: bug#22994: closed (Re: bug#22994: FAIL: tests/gexp.scm)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:51:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22994: FAIL: tests/gexp.scm

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22994: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22994
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22994: FAIL: tests/gexp.scm
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:50:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> skribis:

> guix build guix -n
>
> takes long long time to finish. And I can see multiple lines like:
>
> substitute: guix substitute: warning: while fetching
> http://hydra.gnu.org/nix-cache-info: server is somewhat slow
>
> The result of that command is following:
>
> The following files would be downloaded:
>    /gnu/store/3lg5c1nidbj0kjdz5b63hn3vp29kzf0s-guix-0.9.0.c3f29bc

If it’s being downloaded, it cannot fail to build; closing this bug.
Apparently something has changed in your configuration since the initial
report?

Also, I recommend using http://mirror.guixsd.org as the substitute
server, which should be faster than hydra.gnu.org:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00012.html

Please discuss the other issues separately, possibly on help-guix to
avoid opening a bug if it’s not a bug.  :-)

Ludo’.

Subject: FAIL: tests/gexp.scm
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:01:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have run this:

guix package -i guix

and it failed:

FAIL: tests/gexp.scm

Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 0.9.0
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 54
# PASS:  51
# SKIP:  2
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

Packages I have installed are:

Time 13:00:33   Command 3   Jobs 0   Terminal 6   Host protected
Directory ~ 

$ guix package -I
bash	4.3.39	out	/gnu/store/ibpm6n6706yimzr3967krkxi2ibxq5yh-bash-4.3.39
glibc-locales	2.22	out	/gnu/store/kiwkawskr79bhvzpm7vcgbj2423jng33-glibc-locales-2.22
xterm	320	out	/gnu/store/mpqidlrl0qcgar0i8q32zxnzalhvyx7h-xterm-320
gnupg	2.1.9	out	/gnu/store/ll5pjrgzkial66yc18y2xr772aihrb6w-gnupg-2.1.9
pinentry	0.9.5	out	/gnu/store/7xm3ldbxc8izxmwrdj98zdgngkrkmr2x-pinentry-0.9.5
emacs	24.5	out	/gnu/store/3ljzggifgiy9jd4bjqd0dy0fq1s0ddks-emacs-24.5
gdbm	1.11	out	/gnu/store/sk25rfzq6rpq4psnvkb2g3asj4d7pf6v-gdbm-1.11
mutt	1.5.24	out	/gnu/store/vh7ghk1xlrn4crshqrdygp5573aipk44-mutt-1.5.24
my-mutt	1.5.24	out	/gnu/store/xxzgai9khdfhk70p06vs6akrarzph9r2-my-mutt-1.5.24
feh	2.14	out	/gnu/store/46sb1xrvfq8v5ag8r3d6kn2vc47s4gai-feh-2.14

Jean Louis