Subject: bug#22993: Potential fix/workaround for 22993

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:47:51 +0100

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 09:35:24PM +0100, Alan Third wrote:
> "Aaron Jensen" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > There are at least two ways to fix this, one is to disable app nap
> > entirely. You can add this to Info.plist.in:
> >
> > +  <key>LSAppNapIsDisabled</key>
> >  +    <string>True</string>
> 
> Are you able to provide a patch for this? I've tried but it doesn't seem
> to make any difference, so I expect I'm doing something wrong.

Hi Aaron,

I know this is ancient, and I don't know if it's still relevant any
more, but I've discovered that after making a change to Info.plist you
have to run:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister
-v -f nextstep/Emacs.app

for it to take.

I have no idea what that is doing.

I found it while trying to work out how to fix PATH issues with native
compilation and running Emacs from Finder.
-- 
Alan Third