Subject: Re: bug#22993: Potential fix/workaround for 22993

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2016 17:23:01 +0000

Hi Alan,

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 2:19 AM Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Sorry for taking so long to respond. I still see Emacs going into app
> nap mode with this. Is it working for you?
>

Yes, it's working for me. I just tested it again. I have seen reports of it
not working:

https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/pull/2064#discussion_r45091777

And an alternative: https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/pull/2094/files

That alternative is actually what I do today, but on the command line:

defaults write org.gnu.Emacs NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES

I'm not familiar enough with the Emacs code to know where to add something
like
https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/pull/2094/files#diff-5241674ea359ea2649ae759e69862569R268
but
maybe it can help you or someone else if the previous suggestion doesn't
work for all.
-- 
Aaron