Subject: Re: bug#22993: Potential fix/workaround for 22993

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:35:24 +0100

"Aaron Jensen" <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are at least two ways to fix this, one is to disable app nap
> entirely. You can add this to Info.plist.in:
>
> +  <key>LSAppNapIsDisabled</key>
>  +    <string>True</string>

Are you able to provide a patch for this? I've tried but it doesn't seem
to make any difference, so I expect I'm doing something wrong.

> The other would be to somehow cause the app to “wake up” whenever the
> tty client is used as well. I’m not sure how to do that, it may be
> trickier.

To my mind this would be preferable, as it means we could take advantage
of any power-saving features AppNap provides without causing performance
problems. I can't see anything anywhere about how to do it, though, so
perhaps it's impossible.
-- 
Alan Third