Subject: bug#22993: Potential fix/workaround for 22993

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:51:50 +0000

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:40 AM Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Aaron, I can't replicate the bug on my machine because this seems to
> be exactly what happens. Are you still seeing this bug in a current
> build?
>

Hi Alan,

Yes, I can still repro with 25.0.95.1 on OS X 10.11.5. The following makes
it easier to repro:

1. Make sure your emacsclient is open already and it is displaying a buffer
that is not displayed by any window on the gui frame.
2. Minimize the gui frame.
3. Watch Activity Monitor until Emacs says App Nap: Yes

At this point, typing in the terminal or running the function in the
original report should not wake up the app from App Nap. As far as I can
tell, the only thing that does is focusing the gui frame.
-- 
Aaron