Subject: Re: bug#22990: Grafts leads to inefficient substitute info retrieval

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:23:35 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2016-03-11 19:52 +0300) wrote:

> As of right now (v0.9.0-2007-g66a30a3), ‘graft-derivation’ works either by:
>
>   1. Fetching substitute info about the things being built so that it
>      can determine its references, which in turns allows it to determine
>      whether they need to be grafted.
>
>   2. Building stuff, as a last resort, so that it can determine its
>      references.

I noticed that #1 is happening even with --no-substitutes option.  Is it
intended?

I've tried this:

$ guix build --dry-run --no-substitutes mutt
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations would be built:
   /gnu/store/a2w22xlmfwkgwx4vw11dxc6zrdmww435-mutt-1.5.24.drv
   ...

-- 
Alex