Subject: bug#22990: Grafts leads to inefficient substitute info retrieval

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:24:42 +0100

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Concretely, what this means is this:
>
>   $ guix package -u
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'http://mirror.guixsd.org'... 100.0%
>   […]
>   The following files would be downloaded:

This is somewhat mitigated by commits
f09aea1b58b3ef961d3cc712f116fe4617bc8f90 and
264fdedb408ba3620d1e361de6c77e7925025301.

In addition, 026ca50fa4c46a8e280cd51621bbec76b12c0757 slightly improves
‘guix substitute’ performance.

Ludo’.