Subject: bug#22989: 25.0.92; cursor flicks when inputing chinese chars using the pinyin input method

From: zhanghj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 21:24:24 +0800

On each key pressing, cursor quickly goes to beginning of line and then
goes back to end of line, which makes flicks.
There is no such problem with the Emacs 24.5.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1603))
 of 2016-03-03 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  which-function-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
(No changes need to be saved)
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Quit
execute-extended-command: ‘gbus-1’ is not a valid command name
Quit
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/.lisp/lib/let-alist hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe thingatpt network-stream nsm
starttls pop3 auth-source eieio eieio-core nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader shadow sort
mail-extr my-tools emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr mail-utils add-log org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr
image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m ob-ditaa org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core
ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux my-reminder bookmark pp time-stamp
dired-x dired cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs my-session monokai-theme smex hl-line
main-init windmove my-abbrev my-mail my-autoload recentf tree-widget
wid-edit my-fpos my-snippet advice my-completion my-skeleton autoinsert
my-dev my-org my-files my-color-theme undo-tree derived easy-mmode
cl-seq cl-macs diff cl wgrep-load bbdb-load magit-load git-modes-load
evil-load emmet-load expand-region-load multiple-cursors-load iedit-load
goodies-load company-load yasnippet-load autoload-main server ido seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu
edmacro kmacro which-func imenu desktop frameset image-file autorevert
filenotify cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib icomplete time paren time-date
mule-util china-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 453624 25368)
 (symbols 48 41749 0)
 (miscs 40 611 453)
 (strings 32 81141 16664)
 (string-bytes 1 2692641)
 (vectors 16 59912)
 (vector-slots 8 1424599 9816)
 (floats 8 499 324)
 (intervals 56 420 55)
 (buffers 976 22))