Subject: Re: bug#22986: 24.5; (elisp) `Overlay Properties' has incorrect link `Text help-echo'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 00:59:52 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Under the `help-echo' entry there is this cross-reference: "For details
> see Text help-echo".  That link takes you to the `prepare-change-group'
> entry of node `Atomic Changes', which does not seem to have anything to
> do with `help-echo' or displaying a help string in the echo area.

I'm unable to reproduce this bug.  And the anchor looks like it's in the
right place when I look at the source code:

@item help-echo
@kindex help-echo @r{(text property)}
@cindex tooltip for help strings
@anchor{Text help-echo}
If text has a string as its @code{help-echo} property, then when you
move the mouse onto that text, Emacs displays that string in the echo
area, or in the tooltip window (@pxref{Tooltips}).

Perhaps something wrong with whatever formatted your info pages?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no