Subject: bug#22984: 25.0.92; Typo in etc/DEBUG

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:27:07 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:12:55 -0400
> 
>     We recommend using the GUI front-end for GDB provided by Emacs.
>     With it, you can start GDB by typing "M-x gdb RET".  This will
>     suggest the default binary for GDB to load; if you want GDB to
>     load a different binary, change the suggestion as needed.  
>     Alternatively, if you want to attach the debugger to an already
>     running Emacs process, change the GDB command shown in the
>     minibuffer to say this:
> 
>        gdb -i=mi -p PID
> 
>     where PID is the numerical process ID of the running Emacs
>     process, displayed by system utilities such as 'top' or 'ps' on
>     Posix hosts and Task Manager on MS-Windows.

How about the following variant?

  This will suggest the file name of the default binary to debug; if
  the suggested default is not the Emacs binary you want to debug,
  change the file name as needed.

(This avoids the potentially confusing word "load", and also makes it
clear we are talking about debugging Emacs, not some other program.)