Subject: Re: bug#22981: guix-edit does not find git checkout directory

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:38:51 +0300

myglc2 (2016-03-13 05:00 +0300) wrote:

[...]
> Thank you for this great summary. This list + the post you referenced
> make me feel better that I am taking so long to figure Guix out ;)
>
> OTOH, guix as more state-full than I had hoped ;(
>
> I suggest that you think of it this way: You are running an easter egg
> hunt (I hope this is an OK analogy). You have awesome eggs (No kidding,
> I can attest that the Guix eggs are truly awesome).  When the children
> find the eggs they will be truly happy. But the eggs are hard to
> find. If the children don't find the eggs they will not be happy!  Worse
> yet, your eggs will be wasted! So ... make it easy for children to find
> your eggs.

I don't know what an "easter egg hunt" is, but I think I get your
analogy. 

> You probably already thought of this: Can guix be made easier to use by
> converting some of the state-full guix configuration into guix recipe
> inputs?

Sorry, my knowledge in English language is not enough to understand this
question.  Could you explain what "state-full" means?

-- 
Alex