Subject: bug#2298: closed (Re: Customize lines have extra space at end, thwarting RET)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#2298: Customize lines have extra space at end, thwarting RET

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
2298: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2298
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Customize lines have extra space at end, thwarting RET
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:43:29 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Iain Dalton wrote:

> Customize a group that has a subgroup.  Move point to a line with the
> title of a subgroup.  Place point anywhere but in "Go to group" and
> press RET.  Emacs beeps at you.  Info handles this better.

Group buffers look different in Emacs 23, so you might not notice this
as much. For 24.1, I made it such that you can press RET anywhere on the
first line of a subgroup description to go to that subgroup.

> In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.1)
>  of 2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by Ubuntu

Subject: Customize lines have extra space at end, thwarting RET
From: Iain Dalton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:37:10 -0700

Customize a group that has a subgroup.  Move point to a line with the
title of a subgroup.  Place point anywhere but in "Go to group" and
press RET.  Emacs beeps at you.  Info handles this better.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/22.2/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.1)
 of 2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by Ubuntu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu'
'--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs22:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/leim'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN
-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed'
'CPPFLAGS=''