Subject: 25.1.50; shr inserts too much vertical space for <div></div><p>

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:15:44 +0100

The following HTML renders as

----
foo

Bar 
----

while it probably should have been

----
foo

Bar
----

foo

Bar

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.25 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2016-03-10 built on stories
Repository revision: dda6201a972a344c3cf2f35e61511f2cd62670f2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote /var/tmp/a.html
Saving file /var/tmp/a.html...
Wrote /var/tmp/a.html
Saving file /var/tmp/a.html...
Wrote /var/tmp/a.html
Undo! [2 times]
Saving file /var/tmp/a.html...
Wrote /var/tmp/a.html
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/larsi/src/clock.el/clock hides /home/larsi/lisp/clock
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/expect hides /home/larsi/lisp/expect
/home/larsi/src/pvr.el/pvr hides /home/larsi/lisp/pvr
~/pgnus/contrib/vcard hides /home/larsi/lisp/vcard
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/captitle hides /home/larsi/lisp/captitle
~/lisp/zenirc-2.112/src/zenirc-example hides /home/larsi/lisp/zenirc-example
/home/larsi/lisp/dom hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/dom
~/pgnus/contrib/compface hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/image/compface

Features:
(shadow ecomplete emacsbug sendmail url-file url-dired misearch
multi-isearch view sgml-mode pp flow-fill shr-color color eww mm-archive
qp vc vc-dispatcher copyright vc-cvs gnus-html url-queue help-fns
url-cache gnus-picon sort smiley ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async
gnus-dup gnus-ml gmane spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table gnus-fun
gnus-mdrtn gnus-topic pop3 nndoc nnmbox nndraft utf-7 nnmh nnml nnfolder
network-stream nsm starttls nnir spam-report spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils server
movie mkv shr svg imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived
debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw puny url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp
xml ido seq flyspell ispell benchmark w3m browse-url doc-view subr-x
dired dired-loaddefs image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems
wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util add-log
mail-extr mm-util mail-prsvr jka-compr cl finder-inf package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib password-cache url-vars
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 744847 80247)
 (symbols 48 169934 0)
 (miscs 40 625 1366)
 (strings 32 237153 8181)
 (string-bytes 1 15091525)
 (vectors 16 41826)
 (vector-slots 8 1730460 251029)
 (floats 8 7101 881)
 (intervals 56 21200 2718)
 (buffers 976 47)
 (heap 1024 89377 69740))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no