Subject: bug#22975: 25.0.92; CANNOT_DUMP build can't start in tty mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:39:22 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:10:54 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> What I think happens in your case is that bidi_initialize is called
> _before_ all of the above happens, probably because Emacs wants to
> display some message in the echo area during loading loadup.el, or
> maybe even earlier.

Actually, "./temacs -Q" with a build that doesn't define CANNOT_DUMP,
I should see the same problem.  But in fact, I don't: the messages
from loadup.el are all displayed to the terminal, which doesn't use
bidi.c code, and the first time bidi_initialize is called is after
loadup.el was loaded in its entirety, and Emacs proceeds to creating
the first frame.

So some other factor is at work here.  Please tell whether loadup.el
was already loaded at the point you got the abort, and if not, why is
Emacs trying to resize the mini-window so early?