Subject: Re: bug#22968: 25.0.92; ChangeLog to *vc-log*

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 00:09:28 +0100

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 18:02:23 -0500 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman wrote:
>
>> Strictly speaking, this isn't a bug, since find-change-log is doing what
>> it's designed to do.  Nevertheless, if Emacs development does not return
>> to maintaining versioned ChangeLog files, I think it would be desirable
>> for `C-x 4 a' to always create (or find) the file "ChangeLog" at top
>> level when editing Emacs sources, since this would add the containing
>> directories to the commit message.
>
> I implemented this last month in master in dc435af152e6.
> So it seems to me that there is nothing to do here.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that (I've been using and mostly following only
emacs-25 since pretesting began).  I don't know how soon I'll be able to
build from master to try, but if you think this issue has been dealt
with, feel free to close this bug (otherwise I'll do it when I get
around to building from master).

Steve Berman