Subject: bug#22954: closed (Re: bug#22954: Suspicious ownership or permission on harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22954: Suspicious ownership or permission on harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22954: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22954
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22954: Suspicious ownership or permission on harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Jeffrey Serio <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 22:21:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Jeffrey Serio <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The build failed with the error message "Suspicious ownership or
> permission on /gnu/store/...-harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin".

I’m happy to report that this is finally fixed!

Commit d72267863382041b84a9712eea354882be72ef55.

The root problem was that libguile’s ‘mkdir’ was playing dirty tricks
with umask(2), as explained at <http://bugs.gnu.org/24659>.  Our
multithreaded grafting code triggered the issue described in that bug.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Suspicious ownership or permission on harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin
From: Jeffrey Serio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:14:40 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm running the GuixSD usb install image version 0.9.0. I booted into
the install environment, and after connecting to the internet I ran
"guix pull". After "guix pull", I prepared the system to install to hard
drive, then I ran "guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt
--fallback".

The build failed with the error message "Suspicious ownership or
permission on /gnu/store/...-harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin".

mark_weaver on the IRC channel asked me to run the stat command on that
directory, so I ran "stat /gnu/store/...-harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin" (but with
the actual string of alphanumeric characters in place of the
ellipsis). The stat command indicated that the -harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin
directory permissions is 0777. To be more specific:

Access: (0777/drwxrwxrwx) Uid: (30001/guixbuilder01) Gid:
(30000/guixbuild).

Let me know if any more information is needed.

-Jeffrey (hyperreal on IRC)