Subject: bug#22954: Suspicious ownership or permission on harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 14:17:34 +0100

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 09:14:40PM -0600, Jeffrey Serio wrote:
>> The build failed with the error message "Suspicious ownership or
>> permission on /gnu/store/...-harfbuzz-1.0.6-bin".
>
> I have been getting these from time to time recently; it may be related
> to grafts, I think it appears when one package is supposed to be grafted
> to another one. The two or three times it happened to me, just rerunning
> the command succeeded.

Right, I experienced it a few times, hence 82f5186.

However, last time I saw this failure, I re-run the faulty derivation
with

  guix build /gnu/store/….drv --rounds=10

and it always succeeded.

So I suspect something fishy like a race condition in the daemon or
something.

Ludo’.