Subject: bug#22951: 25.1.50; Visible bell too big on OSX

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:35:01 +0000

Since commit bbe8a899ac91f93bcdb14fec8c200cd3f2256987 which increases 
the size of the icon 5 times, the visible bell has become way too big 
and distracting on the master branch: cf. attachments before.png vs. 
after.png on a full screen Emacs frame.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q -eval "(setq visible-bell t)"

and trigger bell by pressing up key until it reaches top of buffer.

Regards,
Sébastien.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.3.0, NS appkit-1404.34 
Version 10.11.3 (Build 15D21))
of 2016-03-08 built on pantoufle.local
Repository revision: e0400b72a24d67b53f71c8b97915cae599e36c37
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --with-rsvg --with-gnutls
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa
ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 195963 6854)
(symbols 48 19582 0)
(miscs 40 43 178)
(strings 32 14936 5927)
(string-bytes 1 429054)
(vectors 16 32724)
(vector-slots 8 635017 3943)
(floats 8 158 21)
(intervals 56 189 0)
(buffers 976 11))