Subject: Re: bug#22937: guix package fails when --substitute-urls specifies an HTTPS endpoint

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:39:10 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 02:08:17PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> After some more testing and tweaks, notably with
>> <https://hydra.gnunet.org> and its brand new Let’s Encrypt certificate,
>> I pushed the patch as 9b7bd1b160be7c740a798c09e3b8986368b92036.
>
> With this commit, I still get the backtrace in the original report of
> this bug.

You need to make sure that ‘guix-daemon’ launches the right ‘guix
substitute’.

A simple way to do that from your Git checkout is:

  sudo ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild \
         --substitute-urls=https://mirror.guixsd.org

Make sure to stop any running guix-daemon before; on GuixSD, this goes
like this:

  sudo herd stop guix-daemon

HTH!

Ludo’.