Subject: bug#22932: closed (Re: bug#22932: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 20:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22932: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22932: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22932
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22932: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 22:33:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:19:07 -0500
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked]
> 
> > emacs-25 is still running !!!
> 
> Excellent, thanks for testing it. I’ve pushed the change to the emacs-25 branch.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149
From: John Eismeier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 08:41:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with regular builds of the pretest.  Moving the
window has commonly crashed emacs.  How do I provide further details of
this concern?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2016-03-04 built on eismej-u14
Repository revision: 620951fe22a6ecc2edc1f78d961f52566a7fe2b6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70000000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/jenkins/emacs-25/build --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-sound=no'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Quit
You can run the command ‘info’ with C-h i
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug goto-addr thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode view
epa-file epa derived network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias
smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv password-cache sendmail mail-extr
sort message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr
character-fold misearch multi-isearch info easymenu time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 140696 16786)
 (symbols 48 22183 0)
 (miscs 40 122 463)
 (strings 32 34431 6489)
 (string-bytes 1 790224)
 (vectors 16 16075)
 (vector-slots 8 526783 9879)
 (floats 8 208 344)
 (intervals 56 5321 14)
 (buffers 976 21)
 (heap 1024 44129 1056))

Are people seeing:

/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs -q
X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149
Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4fb2a2]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e2d19]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4fb333]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x450ada]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x450d10]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x54d87c]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55248b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x555480]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55423a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e8495]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e8799]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e9be8]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ec2b4]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x592632]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x41dcb2]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ee66b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ef2ff]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4f0d86]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x5529ed]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e32ac]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55299b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e3267]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e77b8]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e7ad5]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x413bd3]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f7b2b7beec5]
...
Aborted (core dumped)

I don't see a core file to help with a backtrace.

-- 
                               -- John