Subject: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149

From: John Eismeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 08:41:23 -0500

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with regular builds of the pretest.  Moving the
window has commonly crashed emacs.  How do I provide further details of
this concern?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2016-03-04 built on eismej-u14
Repository revision: 620951fe22a6ecc2edc1f78d961f52566a7fe2b6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70000000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/jenkins/emacs-25/build --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-sound=no'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Quit
You can run the command ‘info’ with C-h i
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug goto-addr thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode view
epa-file epa derived network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias
smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv password-cache sendmail mail-extr
sort message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr
character-fold misearch multi-isearch info easymenu time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 140696 16786)
 (symbols 48 22183 0)
 (miscs 40 122 463)
 (strings 32 34431 6489)
 (string-bytes 1 790224)
 (vectors 16 16075)
 (vector-slots 8 526783 9879)
 (floats 8 208 344)
 (intervals 56 5321 14)
 (buffers 976 21)
 (heap 1024 44129 1056))

Are people seeing:

/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs -q
X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149
Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4fb2a2]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e2d19]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4fb333]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x450ada]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x450d10]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x54d87c]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55248b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x555480]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55404a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x587715]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553b92]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x553f53]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55423a]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e8495]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e8799]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e9be8]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ec2b4]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x592632]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x41dcb2]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ee66b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4ef2ff]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4f0d86]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x5529ed]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e32ac]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x55299b]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e3267]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e77b8]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x4e7ad5]
/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs[0x413bd3]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f7b2b7beec5]
...
Aborted (core dumped)

I don't see a core file to help with a backtrace.

-- 
                               -- John