Subject: bug#22932: 25.0.92; X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149

From: John Eismeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 09:36:13 -0500

I have recompiled with the arguments below, what this correct?

CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' ./configure --prefix=/jenkins/emacs-25/build --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-sound=no  --enable-checking='yes,glyphs' --enable-check-lisp-object-type

launched with, was this correct?

/jenkins/emacs-25/build/bin/emacs -Q -xrm "emacs.synchronous: true"
X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149
Fatal error 6: Aborted

does this help ?

(gdb)
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007f7fea31820b in raise (sig=6)
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:37
37	../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb)

#0  0x00007f7fea31820b in raise (sig=6)
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:37
#1  0x0000000000588c38 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=6, backtrace_limit=40)
    at emacs.c:380
#2  0x00000000005b5efc in emacs_abort () at sysdep.c:2247
#3  0x000000000046833f in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13458
#4  0x000000000046aad6 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=13)
    at xdisp.c:14250
#5  0x0000000000695009 in Fdelete_process (process=...) at process.c:841
#6  0x00000000006a41de in kill_buffer_processes (buffer=...) at process.c:7231
#7  0x000000000058af10 in shut_down_emacs (sig=6, stuff=...) at emacs.c:1978
#8  0x0000000000588be8 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=6, backtrace_limit=40)
    at emacs.c:364
#9  0x00000000005b5efc in emacs_abort () at sysdep.c:2247
#10 0x000000000045f65c in message3_nolog (m=...) at xdisp.c:10280
#11 0x000000000045f46d in message3 (m=...) at xdisp.c:10240
#12 0x00000000006329af in Fmessage (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e3680)
    at editfns.c:3686
#13 0x00000000006419ec in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffa51e3678)
    at eval.c:2673
#14 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x7fffa51e3e00)
    at bytecode.c:880
#15 0x000000000064253a in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0,
    arg_vector=0x7fffa51e3e00) at eval.c:2855
#16 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e3df8)
    at eval.c:2742
#17 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e4590)
    at bytecode.c:880
#18 0x000000000064253a in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=2,
    arg_vector=0x7fffa51e4580) at eval.c:2855
#19 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffa51e4578)
    at eval.c:2742
#20 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#21 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0,
    arg_vector=0x32a78dd) at eval.c:2921
#22 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e4ce8)
    at eval.c:2742
#23 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#24 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0,
    arg_vector=0x32a2bbd) at eval.c:2921
#25 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e5500)
    at eval.c:2742
#26 0x0000000000640e0f in funcall_nil (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e5500)
    at eval.c:2332
#27 0x000000000064130c in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e5500,
    funcall=0x640dec <funcall_nil>) at eval.c:2509
#28 0x0000000000640e93 in Frun_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x7fffa51e5500)
    at eval.c:2374
#29 0x0000000000641399 in run_hook (hook=...) at eval.c:2522
#30 0x000000000058ad41 in Fkill_emacs (arg=...) at emacs.c:1898
#31 0x0000000000557d31 in x_connection_closed (dpy=0xe6d880,
    error_message=0x7fffa51e5760 "X protocol error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) on protocol request 149", ioerror=false)
    at xterm.c:9484
#32 0x0000000000557e67 in x_error_quitter (display=0xe6d880,
    event=0x7fffa51e5910) at xterm.c:9553
#33 0x0000000000557db4 in x_error_handler (display=0xe6d880,
    event=0x7fffa51e5910) at xterm.c:9523
#34 0x00007f7fee9a854b in _XError () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#35 0x00007f7fee9a55e7 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#36 0x00007f7fee9a6687 in _XReply () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
#37 0x00007f7fec2fd6f9 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrandr.so.2
#38 0x0000000000568c78 in x_get_monitor_attributes_xrandr (dpyinfo=0xe79020)
    at xfns.c:4266
#39 0x000000000056905e in x_get_monitor_attributes (dpyinfo=0xe79020)
    at xfns.c:4369
#40 0x0000000000569127 in Fx_display_monitor_attributes_list (terminal=...)
    at xfns.c:4515
#41 0x000000000056c65f in compute_tip_xy (f=0x61b5260, parms=..., dx=...,
    dy=..., width=463, height=22, root_x=0x7fffa51e5e80, root_y=0x7fffa51e5e84)
    at xfns.c:5707
#42 0x000000000056da31 in Fx_show_tip (string=..., frame=..., parms=...,
    timeout=..., dx=..., dy=...) at xfns.c:6055
#43 0x0000000000641c91 in Ffuncall (nargs=7, args=0x7fffa51e6048)
    at eval.c:2714
#44 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#45 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=2,
    arg_vector=0xb89f6d <pure+1849229>) at eval.c:2921
#46 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffa51e67d8)
    at eval.c:2742
#47 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#48 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1,
    arg_vector=0xb8a7a5 <pure+1851333>) at eval.c:2921
#49 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e70c0)
    at eval.c:2742
#50 0x000000000064130c in run_hook_with_args (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e70c0,
    funcall=0x641708 <Ffuncall>) at eval.c:2509
#51 0x0000000000640ebd in Frun_hook_with_args_until_success (nargs=2,
    args=0x7fffa51e70c0) at eval.c:2395
#52 0x00000000006419ec in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffa51e70b8)
    at eval.c:2673
#53 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#54 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1,
    arg_vector=0xb89c9d <pure+1848509>) at eval.c:2921
#55 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e79a0)
    at eval.c:2742
#56 0x00000000006407f0 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e79a0) at eval.c:2278
#57 0x00000000006419ec in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffa51e7998)
    at eval.c:2673
#58 0x000000000068fc5c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=..., vector=...,
    maxdepth=..., args_template=..., nargs=0, args=0x0) at bytecode.c:880
#59 0x00000000006429ab in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1,
    arg_vector=0xb1ac95 <pure+1393845>) at eval.c:2921
#60 0x0000000000641db8 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffa51e8140)
    at eval.c:2742
#61 0x0000000000641489 in call1 (fn=..., arg1=...) at eval.c:2552
#62 0x000000000059610b in timer_check_2 (timers=..., idle_timers=...)
    at keyboard.c:4420
#63 0x000000000059623f in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4482
#64 0x00000000005939e1 in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3321
#65 0x000000000059bbcc in get_input_pending (flags=1) at keyboard.c:6718
#66 0x00000000005a39a7 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
    at keyboard.c:9853
#67 0x000000000069f6f3 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=90, nsecs=0,
    read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=..., wait_proc=0x0,
    just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4963
#68 0x00000000004232f0 in sit_for (timeout=..., reading=true, display_option=1)
    at dispnew.c:5762
#69 0x00000000005918a1 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=..., prev_event=...,
    used_mouse_menu=0x7fffa51e8ac5, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2707
#70 0x00000000005a1b6c in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffa51e8cf0,
    bufsize=30, prompt=..., dont_downcase_last=false,
    can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true,
    prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9054
#71 0x000000000058da12 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1358
#72 0x000000000063ddc8 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x58d5ca <command_loop_1>, handlers=..., hfun=0x58cc16 <cmd_error>)
    at eval.c:1309
#73 0x000000000058d1f8 in command_loop_2 (ignore=...) at keyboard.c:1100
#74 0x000000000063d336 in internal_catch (tag=...,
    func=0x58d1cf <command_loop_2>, arg=...) at eval.c:1074
#75 0x000000000058d198 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1079
#76 0x000000000058c70d in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:685
#77 0x000000000058c909 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:756
#78 0x000000000058a578 in main (argc=4, argv=0x7fffa51e90e8) at emacs.c:1605

--
                               -- John