Subject: bug#2293 closed by "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2293: 23.0.90; lazy-completion-table broken for bibtex-mode)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:15:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2293: 23.0.90; lazy-completion-table broken for bibtex-mode

It has been closed by "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2293: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2293
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2293: 23.0.90; lazy-completion-table broken for bibtex-mode
From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:08:04 +0100

On Thu Feb 12 2009 Glenn Morris wrote:
> emacs -Q foo.bib
> M-x bibtex-search-entry RET TAB
> works fine for me.
> 
> Suggest maintainer-clean + bootstrap (unless you were talking about
> something else).

The variables bibtex-reference-keys and bibtex-strings are
initialized by lazy-completion-table. And in several instances,
bibtex-mode was using nlistp to test whether these variables have
their initial values. That was working fine at some point but not
anymore.  lazy-completion-table was already fixed quite some time
ago by Stefan in order not to use listp internally for such a test.
Now I've updated bibtex-mode too, so that it uses functionp.

Subject: 23.0.90; lazy-completion-table broken for bibtex-mode
From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:16:10 +0100

lazy-completion-table seems to be broken for bibtex-mode.
bibtex-reference-keys is initialized via lazy-completion-table.
Yet when I use minibuffer completion for bibtex-search-entry
(which is using bibtex-reference-keys for completion) it gives me
the error message

completion--some: Symbol's value as variable is void: lambda

The usage of lazy-completion-table by bibtex-mode did not change
since emacs 22 where minibuffer completion has been working fine.
Yet the internals of lazy-completion-tables have changed since then.
Is there anything bibtex-mode needs to do different now?

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2009-02-07 on lukas