Subject: bug#22923: [PATCH] Support completion of attribute values in CSS mode

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 03:25:41 +0200

On 03/09/2016 09:01 PM, Simen Heggestøyl wrote:

> There are two lists that must be traversed to find completion
> candidates: the property alist and the value class alist. company-css.el
> supports indirections from the property alist into itself, and into the
> value class alist. With this patch, indirection can happen from the
> property alist into itself and into the value class alist, but also from
> the value class alist into itself and back into the property alist.

I see. Is there anything in particular this approach is buying us? Any 
properties that company-css doesn't support now, and would be suboptimal 
using its current approach?

IMHO, having the indirection go only one way is better organization, and 
it's easier to understand when reading the code.

> With the change mentioned above, the property alist and the value class
> alist are now treated like the same kind of data structure by
> `css--property-values'. The only difference is that the CARs of the
> entries in the property alist are also valid property names. So I
> thought it simpler if the keys were of the same data type. I don't have
> an opinion on whether that should be string or symbol, just that they
> are the same.
>
> Did this answer your question?

Yes, thanks.