Subject: bug#22921: bug#37577: 27.0.50; GNU Emacs / eww inconsistent in showing images

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 04:59:40 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> What's the current status of your with-fetched-url branch?  Is it
>>> ready to merge into master?  It would be nice to get it in so that we
>>> can start playing around with it.
>>
>> It should be (more or less) ready to go.  I've been meaning to merge it
>> ever since Emacs 28 started, but I haven't found time yet.
>
> Hmm, maybe we can have it in Emacs 29?  :-)

:-)

It got put on the back burner because I started thinking about the proxy
stuff that url.el supports but I hadn't implemented for with-url yet.

Because I think that's the wrong level to do it.  Emacs should support a
general network proxy thing, that would allow all network connections to
be proxied.  (Or selectively.)

And the more I looked at this, the more apparently it became that Emacs'
network stuff should just be totally reimplemented, because it's so full
of...  oddnesses geared toward processes.  And processes and network
connections are very different things.

So it's a Big Project.  :-/

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no