Subject: Re: bug#22921: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a new URL interface

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 19:13:40 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> So: `with-url-buffer'.
>
> What's the current status of your with-fetched-url branch?  Is it
> ready to merge into master?  It would be nice to get it in so that we
> can start playing around with it.

It should be (more or less) ready to go.  I've been meaning to merge it
ever since Emacs 28 started, but I haven't found time yet.

If I remember, there may be some quirks with certain auth schemes that
needs fixing, but that can be done after the merge.  But I need to block
out, say, a week where I can respond to bug reports in a speedy manner,
and I haven't found that week yet...

But it'll happen sometime within a month or to.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no