Subject: bug#22749: closed (Re: bug#22918: 25.1.50; Scrolling upwards with xwidget-webkit-browse-url)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:55:03 +0000

Your bug report

#22918: 25.0.91; xwidget-webkit-scroll-down not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22918: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22918
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22918: 25.1.50; Scrolling upwards with xwidget-webkit-browse-url
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Shayan Pirani <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:54:35 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 22:27:50 -0400
> From: Shayan Pirani <[email-masked]>
> 
> I have attached a patch that fixes this problem.

Thanks, I installed a similar change, but using CHECK_NUMBER.
(lisp_h_CHECK_NUMBER is a macro uses internally in lisp.h.)

Please in the future provide also commit log messages formatted
according to ChangeLog rules; see CONTRIBUTE for more detail about
this.

Subject: 25.0.91; xwidget-webkit-scroll-down not working
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:06:58 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.13 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.7)
 of 2016-02-18 built on acer
Repository revision: 3722a694fa094f88f7dfe54ccce7ea7cbaab214a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11801000
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/pdf --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [15 times]
Undo! [4 times]
Making completion list...
Quit
Auto-saving...done
Undo! [2 times]
Redo! [4 times]
Undo! [6 times]
user-error: No further undo information [19 times]
next-line: End of buffer [16 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [18 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna dired format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90927 14936)
 (symbols 48 19847 0)
 (miscs 40 88 146)
 (strings 32 14562 4565)
 (string-bytes 1 417218)
 (vectors 16 12418)
 (vector-slots 8 430736 7611)
 (floats 8 167 201)
 (intervals 56 471 20)
 (buffers 976 14)
 (heap 1024 22424 1965))

with 'xwidget-webkit-scroll-behavior set to 'native',
xwidget-webkit-scroll-down gives the error message:

xwidget-webkit-scroll-down: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -50