Subject: bug#2291: 23.0.90; finder-commentary

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:35:44 -0800

I forgot to mention this:

3. The doc string of `finder-commentary' does not describe argument LIBRARY. The
doc string:

"Display FILE's commentary section.
FILE should be in a form suitable for passing to `locate-library'."

But the doc string of `locate-library' also does not say what is suitable for
its LIBRARY argument:

"Show the precise file name of Emacs library LIBRARY.
This command searches the directories in `load-path' like `M-x load-library'
to find the file that `M-x load-library RET LIBRARY RET' would load.
Optional second arg NOSUFFIX non-nil means don't add suffixes `load-suffixes'
to the specified name LIBRARY.

If the optional third arg PATH is specified, that list of directories
is used instead of `load-path'.

When called from a program, the file name is normally returned as a
string.  When run interactively, the argument INTERACTIVE-CALL is t,
and the file name is displayed in the echo area."

That says absolutely nothing about argument LIBRARY, except that it is a
library. However, it refers you to `load-library'. But the doc string of
`load-library' also says absolutely nothing about argument LIBRARY. It refers
you to `load'...

The user should be told, somewhere along the line (preferably everywhere, if
short), just which Lisp objects are acceptable as values of argument LIBRARY.