Subject: bug#2291: 23.0.90; finder-commentary

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:36:25 -0800

1. This sexp in finder-commentary is inappropriate:
(delete-other-windows).  The original buffer is current when this is
called, and it makes no sense to delete the other windows.  And the
call is immediately followed by pop-to-buffer to display and select
the Finder commentary buffer.
 
2. The Commentary buffer name should not be "*Finder-package*".  That
prohibits you from having more than one such buffer. Also, the name
should reflect the content: this is the Commentary section of a
particular Lisp file.  Please use something like this:
 
(pop-to-buffer
 (concat "*Commentary, " (file-name-sans-extension file) "*"))
 
instead of this:
(pop-to-buffer "*Finder-package*")
 
The result will then be a name like this: *Commentary, buff-menu*
 
Among other things, being able to have more than one Finder commentary
buffer lets you use the Commentary section of Lisp files for
documentation that refers to other Lisp file Commentary sections.
With a simple link facility (e.g. `linkd.el' or Org mode), this doc
becomes hypertext among Commentary sections, each in Finder mode, with
the comment characters removed etc.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-02-01 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'