Subject: Re: bug#22909: Manpage test(1): Obsolescent logical operators

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:41:11 -0700

On 03/04/2016 04:15 AM, Martin Gebert wrote:
> The -a and -o operators of test(1) have been marked obsolescent for a
> while now; see link below. However, while the HTML manual is updated,
> the current man page, still my primary source of reference, is missing a
> hint to that:
> 
> http://linux.die.net/man/1/test

We don't maintain that web page.  You'll have to file your bug report to
the owner of that site.

Meanwhile, you may want to start using man7.org, as a more up-to-date
version of the Linux man pages.

But you are absolutely right that our own '[ --help' (which is the
source for the Coreutils' man page, which in turn feeds those two web
sites) probably should be more vocal that -a and -o should be avoided.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org