Subject: bug#229: 23.0.60; Weird X11 input-related hang

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:56:04 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> For quite some time I have seen a strange bug where emacs (running
> under X11) would occasionally stop responding to keyboard and mouse
> events.  The editor is still alive, and will change the cursor block
> in response to focus events, but mouse clicks and keystrokes have no
> effect.  The only way I've found to recover is to kill the emacs
> process and start over.
>
> Today I figured out how to reproduce it: move the pointer to the
> menubar at the top of the window, then move the scroll wheel for a
> click or two.  Works every time.  Does not appear to be dependent on
> major mode.
>
> This happens with stock emacs as shipped by Fedora and my own pretest
> builds too.
>
> In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0)
> of 2007-12-15 on vena

I can't reproduce this on 23.0.60.50 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.12.9).

Can anyone on the list reproduce this problem?