Subject: bug#22896: closed (Re: bug#22896: 25.0.92; Pasting from system clipboard into tty emacs I-search minibuffer ends up in buffer instead)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 21:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22896: 25.0.92; Pasting from system clipboard into tty emacs I-search minibuffer ends up in buffer instead

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22896: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22896
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22896: 25.0.92; Pasting from system clipboard into tty emacs I-search minibuffer ends up in buffer instead
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Zhiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 00:14:19 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> Could you please confirm if this was fixed two weeks ago in
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/23519
>
> Yes, I just tried latest master (abfe07a) which includes the fix in
> 869092c, and the bug is fixed. Since the fix already landed in the
> emacs-25 branch, I think we can close this.

Thanks for confirming.  I'm closing the bug.

Subject: 25.0.92; Pasting from system clipboard into tty emacs I-search minibuffer ends up in buffer instead
From: Zhiming Wang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 22:31:48 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm running Emacs 25.0.92.1 on OS X 10.11.3 in tty mode (-nw) in either
Terminal.app or iTerm2. Often times I would copy some text from, say, a
web page, and search it in the current buffer with isearch-forward (C-s)
or isearch-backward (C-r) by pasting the copied text into the isearch
minibuffer with Cmd+V. This worked up till 24.5, but in 25.0.92.1 (I
haven't tested in other prereleases), Cmd+V won't paste the system
clipboard text into the minibuffer, but instead, straight into the
buffer at the point. Exact steps to reproduce:

1. emacs -Q -nw (which lands us in the *scratch* buffer);
2. Copy something onto system clipboard;
3. C-s to bring up the I-search: minibuffer;
4. Cmd+V to paste from system clipboard;

Expected behavior (24.5 and before):

System clipboard text lands in the I-search minibuffer.

Actual behavior:

System clipboard text lands in the *scratch* buffer, while the I-search
minibuffer remains empty.

Unfortunately his is rather disrupting to some of my workflows. Thanks
for your time.

---

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.3.0, NS appkit-1404.34 Version 10.11.3 (Build 15D21))
of 2016-03-02 built on mid-2015-rMBP-15.local
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.0.92
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.0.92/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
--with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
When done with a buffer, type C-x C-k
Mark saved where search started
Quit [3 times]
Mark set
Undo!
Mark set
Undo!
Quit
C-s runs the command isearch-forward
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/Users/zmwang/.emacs.d/lisp/misc hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.0.92/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/misc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail thingatpt hi-lock
character-fold misearch multi-isearch dired-aux linum term/xterm xterm
web-beautify magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm
magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit message idna dired rfc822
mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete
format-spec pasteboard server hideshow flycheck find-func rx subr-x dash
advice flymake compile comint ansi-color ring auto-complete popup
autoinsert misc ido seq byte-opt time-date cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro
kmacro color use-package cl-macs cl gv diminish bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode cconv bind-key easy-mmode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
finder-inf tex-site go-mode-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind kqueue cocoa
ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 370292 21777)
(symbols 48 34892 0)
(miscs 40 102 545)
(strings 32 78032 29848)
(string-bytes 1 2277356)
(vectors 16 51755)
(vector-slots 8 889370 17205)
(floats 8 469 685)
(intervals 56 575 0)
(buffers 976 14))